Saturday, February 18, 2012

After a motion is filed by the defendant in a lawsuit, what will the next step be by the court?

I have filed a title vii lawsuit against my employer and 4 supervisors on my job. Their lawyer has filed a motion to dismiss the named defendants from the suit. I want to know if I will have a chance to argue against the motion or do I need to file a response as well.After a motion is filed by the defendant in a lawsuit, what will the next step be by the court?If you want to argue against the motion, you MUST respond in writing and your response has to be in the proper form and served and filed correctly and in a timely manner.



This is why lawsuits are not DIY.After a motion is filed by the defendant in a lawsuit, what will the next step be by the court?You need to file a response to any motions that were filed to dismiss. But you have to make sure these responses are valid in their text or you may gain the expense of the legal fees inquired by both. The responses are only needed if you do not believe your motion was not in correct writ form.

No comments:

Post a Comment